National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is only days away. Are you ready? Here are a few tips to help you prepare to write 50,000 words by the end of the month:
- Write a synopsis. Take a few minutes to jot down the main points of your novel before NaNoWriMo kicks off. Not quite ready to flesh it out? That’s okay! Start by jotting down some plot or character details and maybe they will find their way into your writing.
- Make a playlist. Seasoned NaNoWriMo winners suggest making an inspirational playlist that gets your writing juices flowing. Find those jams that make you feel great and get your playlist ready.
- Create a writing space. Having a designated space to write can make it easier and more comfortable for daily writing. You don’t need a lot of space, just a cozy corner or a spot at the dining room table. Find a place where you can set up to get those daily words on paper.
- Schedule time to write. One of the hardest parts of NaNoWriMo is finding time to write your daily word average. If you miss several days, it can feel intimidating to get back on track. Schedule time each day to sit down and write and stick to it. The words will add up before you know it!
- Find your support network. Writing 50,000 words in a month takes time and dedication. Find a support network to keep you moving towards your goal. There are several options for creating a supportive writing community. NaNoWriMo offers weekly write-ins for regional groups all over the US. Another great option for WNBA-LA members is Incite to Write, a new facebook group to help keep you motivated and writing and take your writing all the way Not a member, don’t miss out on all the fun. Join Today!